Sunday, November 25, 2012

You may have trust issues if...

You may have trust issues if... Here are some scenarios...if you answer yes to these "hypothetical" situation then you may have trust issues...

1) Do you find yourself skeptical of every single thing in your life?

2) Are you constantly worried your boyfriend is going to dump you or cheat on you?

3) If you answered yes to the previous question to find yourself wanting to cut and run out of a romantic situation... a pre-emetic strike?

4) Are you unable to date anyone on a serious level due to your inability to trust anything at all?

If you answered yes to one or more of these questions you may have trust issues.  Common symptoms can be as follows: a string of failed relationships, no serious relationships at all or self sabotaging.  If you suffer from these symptoms please take a look in the mirror and SNAP THE HELL OUT OF IT.
If symptoms continue call your therapist (I know you have one) then head down to your local shelter and adopt as many cats as your finances allow.  Prepare for the fact you will without a doubt become a crazy cat lady.

So to me this is the meat and potatoes of those "daddy issues".  I don't think you can get a more stereotypical issue than the "trust issue".  For those of us girls who start their world of trusting men with a non-existent father (side bar: this could be physically or emotionally-either way non-existent) this pretty much lays the base for us... and by base I mean completely unstable mushy could crumble at anytime "base".   So here we are in our all grown up supposed to be trusting these guys that want to date us and THAT is our base... talk about an unfair chance

Self Sabotage : My ABSOLUTE favorite of these issues.  Oh by favorite I mean this is my "go to" move if you will. 
 So let me paint you a little picture: Here is me, dating a seemingly perfect guy, a guy other girls would say "one day I want to marry a guy like that"... then there is me, for whatever reason sees this perfect situation and starts to find reasons to get the hell out of it.  "Ya he is super sweet and has a good job and seems to really like me... but he breathes funny in his sleep... so I don't think this can work out." "He brought 85 dozen roses, hid them all over my apartment isn't that the sweetest... unfortunately I dumped him days later on his 25th birthday" (sidebar: that actually happened. SELF SABOTAGE).  The question begs, why do we self sabotage when things seem "perfect"?
Here is my best guess... being a victim of these "trust issues" I think it just boils down to we genuinely can't trust it.  We can't trust the rug won't be pulled out from under us.  We are queens of the saying "too good to be true".  Like I said before self sabotage is my FAVORITE sub issue because it starts the domino effect... once you start self sabotaging your first instinct is to cut and run before THEY have the chance to pull the rug out from under you... so you cut and run... run right into the arms (sidebar: we all know when I say arms, I mean bed) of a, for a lack of a better word, asshole... who without a doubt will string you along while you pine over the day he will commit to you.  (Sidebar: find it odd you want the asshole to treat you like the nice guy, but once he is the nice guy you don't trust it and bolt? hmmm...

So next time you are sitting next to the nice guy who "eats his popcorn in an annoying way" or you are sitting by your phone waiting for the asshole you hooked up with last weekend to call... maybe just take a little step back and trace back to where that self sabotaging happened.  You can make it a fun little dysfunctional game.  You'll have a blast I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment